27 April 2006

The Horrendous Soccer Story

it happened sometime in my st john's days. i was never any good in soccer, i'm sure you all know, but you just didn't know how bad.

as i was saying, i never was any good at this game, popular as it may be. so i was usually designated the keeper position.

that day we had little plastic cones demarcating the goal. the one i was guarding was about 3 metres wide.

the ball came rolling slowly towards me, so being the show off that i am, i ran towards it, hoping to punt it hard deep into opposition territory.

i put force into the kick, and a split second later, the impossible happened. there was not contact with the ball. my foot swung stupidly into the air ahead of me, but without even touching the ball.

and it was rolling away from me, and into the goal, which i had left a few seconds earlier to deliver that running kick to the ball.

and it did go in!

my friends were horrified! but they couldn't stop laughing. haha, and neither could i.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home